Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Starlight

Stars. They are most pretty. Bright and shinning in the sky every night. When I was a little girl, I had glow-in the dark stars on my ceiling. They weren't as powerful as the real ones, but I loved them just the same. I have four of those stars left. They are taped to the ceiling above my door. I miss those stars. They showed me light, and gave me something to look at when I drifted off to sleep at night. I wonder what it would be like to be a star? To know you gave off that amount of light, that you shone so bright in the night sky. Whenever a child looked up and made a wish on a star, they'd be wishing on you, because you're the prettiest. You'd get to see the world from above. Far more importantly, you would get to shine light on the darkness. The darkness wouldn't be so bad if you shown every night, leading every misunderstood or misguided soul to the light so the darkness couldn't claim them. So they could not know the pain that darkness causes when it enters a person's body. It doesn't show on the outside. Only you know it's there. I would save people from the pain. The pain of the darkness. I would fill them light, and let them feel bright in their own way. I would make sure every confused person knew the route to take. I would be there Northern Star; I would light the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment