Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fuffy: my furry confidant

When I was a baby, my Aunt Paula had sent me a rabbit fur that she had gotten when she went to the mountains. I took the fur everywhere with me, and called "fuffy". I had originally meant to say it was fluffy, but it didn't come out that way. The only way I would ever go to sleep at night is if I had my Fuffy and my bottle full of warm milk. Over the years, however, I have retired the bottle and now only need Fuffy to sleep at night. Fuffy has grown from being my tooth-pillow to being my actual pillow. I have to have him beside me at night so I can rub his fur before I fall asleep. My cousin, Carter, told me that when I was little I would rub Fuffy's fur in my sleep. It was kind of like sleep-talking, only different. Though, I learned I do sleep-talk in my sleep as well now.

Fuffy is very special to me. Most people find it weird for me to have a rabbit fur as childhood memento instead of stuffed bear or something with the eye missing because the dog "accidentally" got a hold of it when you were little. Fuffy has been chewed on by my dog though. One time, Abby ripped a hole in him so big that I would hid stuff in him. This hole caused Fuffy to have to be sent back to my aunt to be fixed. I was without him for several days which caused me to be up at night because I didn't have him. I depend on Fuffy, for more than just a pillow. When I'm having a bad day, he's the first thing I grab. I just squeeze him tightly and let all my emotions out. He is sort of like my confidant in a way, because nothing I tell him will ever get repeated. It sounds weird, I know. But he's been with me so long that he has become a part of me that I will hold onto forever. I love Fuffy, and he has been the best friend that I could have ever asked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment