Friday, January 25, 2013

Enough can never be enough

When will enough be enough? When will I finally be able to say to myself, "Yes, Anderson. You have accomplished something great." When will I be enough? When will my writing be enough? When will my grades be enough? When will I stop being so hard on myself about everything? When will I apply for something, and win? When will my SAT scores be enough? When will I not 'wish my life away'? When will my parents see the stress I feel? When will I stop thinking about the boy who broke my heart? When will I get enough sleep? When will I have Emily back? When will I feel beautiful in my own skin? When will I stop comparing myself? When will I stop being afraid of driving? When will everyone see that I hide behind everything? When will I stop pushing myself so hard? When will joining every club be enough? When will I be good at basketball? When will I get to sleep next? When will I stop talking myself out of everything? When will my failures just be lessons? When will I truly smile again? When will I feel happy?

Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment