Sunday, January 20, 2013

My friend, Harrison

I met Harrison Jones two years ago. He was among the few people we had in my journalism class when I was in 9th grade. At first, I didn't know what to think of him. I could tell by the way he presented himself that he was intelligent and well mannered. What I couldn't tell by looking at him, was that he and I were about to embark down a road of friendship. 
We are the kind of friends who do not have to be talking or texting every minute of every day. We're there for each other,  but at a distance. He means more to me than anyone could ever guess. It's hard to explain our friendship, because at times I don't fully comprehend it myself. His opinion is the most important out of everyone's. If I need someone to be completely honest with me, I can always turn to him. Our conversations are never without laughter, mostly from me of course. However, every once in a while I look over and he'll be smiling, and that's when I know I've said something truly funny. He loves to hear my opinions on everything. On long car rides with him, I talk 99% of the time about whatever comes to mind. we discuss it, and usually end up in an argument because we disagree on everything. 
Harrison is graduating this year, and though he tells me that our friendship might not last forever, I believe it will. Some things are meant to end at high school and not go on any further.  I will never forget Harrison, or any of the memories I've made with him. Some say high school is the end, but to me, high school is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment