Friday, March 29, 2013

My sister came home this weekend in tears. Frustrated and saddened, she told my mom the story of how one of her professors at college had told her that she didn't have what it took to be a teacher. My sister took her "opinion" to heart and decided that she didn't want to teach anymore. It makes me wonder how many people have given up a dream because someone told them that they "couldn't do it". I don't understand how you could do that to someone. Tear them down inside, piece by piece, killing their hopes and ambitions. They way I see it, the people who tear others down are envious of the one in front of them. They think that since someone once tried to destroy them, it's okay to do it to others. They comfort themselves by saying that "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger", when really all it does is break you. Not everyone can bounce back from someone telling them that they don't have what it takes to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment