Wednesday, March 27, 2013

ENRAGED

I don't understand where on earth you get the right to say that those people are going nowhere in life. Excuse me, but I'm pretty sure you've never met them, never talked to, and never been around them. I've never heard you be so judgmental. Who are you to tell me that they will end up as nothing? Just because they don't come from the same background that you do, doesn't make them any less of a human being you are. Not everyone has to be considered "smart" to go somewhere in life. Maybe their happy here, in Roxboro. That's not for you to decide. No, I don't think what he did was right, but that doesn't mean that everyone who is of his color is the same way. I've never thought of you as a racist, until now. Just because a person's color is decided for them does not mean that their future is. You have no idea what they are capable of, you just know what you see. You made a decision out of ignorance, rather than getting all the facts. You don't know fury until you see it in my eyes when you tell me that someone "can't" do something. They could go to college, whether it be a four year school, two year, or hell, even PCC. Just because they don't live up to your precious "four year college" doesn't mean that they won't do something with their lives. You went to a four year college, and where did you end up? Right back where you started, in Roxboro. I don't understand what divine law granted you with the power to decide the future of others. I don't know where on earth you got the idea that I wouldn't defend them when you brought it up in an argument. I don't understand where in hell you get the idea that my best friend is going to get pregnant before she gets out of high school. That boy is a faze, and every girl has one. Every girl is "needy" and has wants, but that doesn't mean their weak and insecure. It means someone broke them, and its not as though you can duck tape them back together. It's not that easy. Also, none of this has anything to do with me. I don't get why you yell at me when I'm on the right track. I understand where I'm suppose to go in life, and its as if all you see is the other people around me. It makes it so I never want to tell you anything. I don't trust you because you use everything I tell you against me when we argue. It's not fair for you make me feel like I'm in the wrong when you're talking about some of the best people I know. You might have said their color didn't matter, but I never heard you dare say a word about any white boy that "wasn't going anywhere in life". You know, they might not be going anywhere, but that's sure as hell not a decision for you to make or decide. YOU DON'T KNOW. You have no idea what they can do, and if you did I'm sure you would change your mind. You're just too simple-minded on the matter, and you know, that's okay. But instead of drying my tears like you should have, you made them stream down my face. Instead of seeing my side of the argument, you forced your views on me, but you forgot one thing, you raised me to not bow down easily. So excuse me if I don't live up to your perfect daughter expectation. I'm sorry if you feel like you "don't know me anymore", I'm beginning to feel the same way towards you.

No comments:

Post a Comment